Random Act of Kid-ness: YOUTH!
This week’s Random Act of Kid-ness comes all the way from Indonesia! Two girls named Fara Shabrina Muntu and Farah Amalia started their own nonprofit called YOUTH!, which stands for Young United Through Humanity! From their website:
What’s our cause? A better community. [Whether] its through promoting children’s rights, fighting poverty, raising awareness of the environment, working for gender equality, and or many more. Again, we strive to unite the youths.
YOUTH!’s first project in May 2011 was called Buku Untuk Mereka, meaning “Books for Them.” During this project, the girls collected 1,684 books for kids in Kaimana, West Papua (far East of Indonesia). Wow!
As always, if you have suggestions for future random acts, please let us know!
“Once you begin to acknowledge random acts of kindness – both the ones you have received and the ones you have given – you can no longer believe that what you do does not matter.” -Dawna Markova
- RT @readysetgrowla: We have NEW #coupons and #discounts for @Dodgers @ZimmerMuseum @Skirball_LA @KidspaceMuseum @pacpark and more: http://t… 4 days ago
- Reminder: we're closed all week for maintenance. See you on Sunday! 5 days ago
- RT @xoxoLizza: I'm @ZimmerMuseum !! As an aunt & #Godmother, I love finding creative havens like this one! #LatinaBloggers http://t.co/kPOs… 5 days ago
- RT @LAMomMagazine: @ZimmerMuseum #mothers day lunch with inspiration @gisellefernandez http://t.co/gdTr3boSey 5 days ago
- The Zimmerandum: May 2013 #constantcontact conta.cc/15Vn7RS 6 days ago