Random Act of Kid-ness: Saving Mom From a Dinner Explosion

This week’s Random Act of Kid-ness comes to us all the way from Kent, England, where 8 year old Ella Rake saved her mom from severe burns after a microwavable dinner exploded in her face. After the explosion, Ella vicky patmoreimmediately called for an ambulance, started a cold shower, and told her mom to wrap her burns in plastic wrap. The paramedics told Ella that she saved her mom from permanent scarring due to the care she provided. Ella said:

“We have just learnt about burns, so that’s how I knew what to do. When the ambulance arrived the man told my mum I had done the right thing.”

Read more about Ella and another time she helped her mom Vicky Patmore here.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s